Dino Gnar is finally fixed and up on PBE. Head on below for a better look at the skin being released with Gnar, The Missing Link. The new Summoner’s Rift (VU) has been updated on PBE with many changes, including those to the atmosphere (critters, fog), ground textures, Baron/Dragon, and more.
*Dino Gnar now has a splash art!
For more discussion on the big Summoner’s Rift update, head on over HERE.
It’s time for our first big update to Summoner’s Rift! We’ve got a lot of content today, with changes for everything from Baron Nashor to the minimap. Check below for all the details and, as always we’d love to hear your feedback in this thread and please report any bugs you find here.
MAP & ART CHANGES:
- FOG OF WAR :: In-game coloration has been improved!
- GROUND TEXTURES :: Ground textures have been adjusted so that jungle pathing should be more readable
- MORE GROUND TEXTURES :: We’ve made the ground textures brighter for the north and east jungle, as well as all lanes
- TEXTURE UPDATES :: We’ve updated textures all over the map
- MINIMAP BRIGHTNESS :: Minimap brightness levels have been adjusted to address visibility issues (should be much easier to see wards on the minimap now)
- CRITTERS :: Ambient Critters have emerged on the Rift! See if you can spot them!
Context: When we were looking at the positioning of top lane / bottom lane brush, we found that they were actually off-center by about 450 units. We considered just leaving them alone, but realized that this is exactly the kind of stuff we should be doing with an update to Summoner’s Rift, so we shifted them back.
- BRUSH POSITIONING :: Top lane and Bottom lane brush have been re-centered (they’ve moved about 450 units in total)
Context: We did some tuning for the Dragon fight to bring his damage closer to what you might expect on Live. That said, it was really tough to tell how much damage Dragon’s fire laser (flame breath) was doing – and how frequently he was using it – so we removed it in the name of CLARITY.
- FIRE BALL :: Deals 50% damage to targets beyond the first (instead of full AoE dmg)
- FLAME BREATH :: Removed (the dragon laser)
Context: We’re testing something new! While these changes mean Baron will be easier to take out when a team has full control (less damage, no Voracious Corrosion on multiple targets), they also make it easier for opponents to engage on a team that’s already started fighting Baron (as he has more crowd control abilities).
Final point: removing the knock… forward? on Back Spikes makes the fight a little more forgiving for the squishy targets who want to hide deeper in the pit (or maybe we want them huddling there when a fight happens so it’ll be harder to escape, who knows…).
- INDICATORS :: Have been recolored and will appear faster
- DEATH BREATH :: – Area-of-effect changed to match the visuals
- VORACIOUS CORROSION :: Baron’s Spells no longer apply stacks of Voracious Corrosion (now only applied to whoever is tanking damage)
- BACK SPIKES :: No longer knock enemies toward the front of the pit
- ACID BALL :: No longer deals damage-over-time in the acid pools. Now slows for 50% inside the pool.
- BARON TAIL :: Knockup time increased to 1.25s (from 1s). Damage lowered by 25%.
- BUGFIX :: Baron now properly regenerates health when attacked from over the wall
- Global map adjustments have been made so that minimap icons and in-game Fog of War will now draw correctly
- Animated Brush performance optimizations
- Creature/minion performance optimizations
- Faster loading time for low end machines
- Memory improvements across the map by optimizing animated props
- Black screen of suck has been fixed
- Mac is no longer die
- Banner of Command now properly transforms cannon minions
- Rengar’s Dominion trinket is gone from the shop
- Nunu’s consume now gives buffs
- Lee Sin no longer crashes the game when he uses Sonic Resonance on the Blue Buff (whoops)
- Red and Blue caster minions no longer have different attack speeds (double whoops)
- Red cannon minions have learned to attack properly
- Health bars on structures are now in the correct place
- Turrets are no longer missing particles
- Pathing around turrets has been fixed
- Dragon and Baron always attack
- Missing icons for Baron/Dragon/jungle camps have been added
- Debug strings when pinging Baron/Dragon/jungle camps have been fixed