As you all know by now, Annie is getting a visual upgrade for the next patch. Finally! Right? She’s been in the League for quite a while (and I mean QUITE a while) and definitely needed some remaking; I would point out that I’m not a huge fan of the upgrade, but it’s better than what it was. I’m sure I’ll get used to it and grow to love it once I play her for a couple games. Here are first-look images from the LoL website:
Click images to expand*
And woah, Tibbers looks more ferocious and intimidating than before! He should be a champion all on his own! In other words, I love his new look. What I don’t like is the Frostfire upgrade. Changing the abilities’ effect color to purple (ish)? Really? I want FROST, like the previous effects. Well, at least we Annie fans get a visual upgrade. We’re just happy to see Annie’s head go back to normal size and well, the make-up is a little too much for a kid, don’t ya think? This upgrade has got to go to Tibbers. He looks much better and… thinner?! Sheesh, eat a cookie! Catch a gameplay video below.
Molten Shield buff/nerf:
- Disintegrate mana cost lowered to 60/65/70/75/80 from 60/70/80/90/100.
- Molten Shield duration reduced to 6 seconds from 8 seconds.
- Molten Shield cooldown lowered to 10 seconds from 16.
- Targeting cone is now attached to Annie (This got me mad. I don’t like the cone attached Riot!)
- Mana cost reduced to 60/65/70/75/80 from 60/70/80/90/100
Other champions and items got buffs/nerfs as well. Read here.
I’m also excited to play Thresh, the new upcoming Champion!